Tips For Choosing a Reputable Roofing Contractor
- Thursday, 29 March 2018 12:00
A roof offers protection to the entire building, so keeping it in good shape should be a priority. However, we all know that finding a good roofing contractor is a demanding process, especially in emergency situations, when we would do anything to have those repairs done in no time and return back to normal.
We should never choose the first contractor that we find (or that finds us), on the contrary: we must take some time to find a reputable Lansing roofing company that makes communication easy
. It may sound intimidating, but there are only a few steps along the way.
- Get some recommendations and local referrals. The word of mouth is often the best advertisement, especially if it comes from people you trust. Make a list with several contractors
- Look for designations that prove certification and compliance with local codes and regulations
- Check the satisfactory ratings with the Better Business Bureau, for every roofing contractor on your list
- Make sure the contractors are properly licensed and willing to provide a copy of their insurance (liability and worker compensation are a must)
- Ask about warranties. Prioritize contractors that offer manufacturer warranties
- Ask a written estimate, but do not rush to sign any contract until you review all the information and understand every aspect.