Shopping Tips for Replacement Windows
- Friday, 02 February 2018 17:38
If you are currently in the process of searching for suitable windows to replace your old windows and you feel overwhelmed by the process, here are a few aspects to bear in mind while shopping for windows.
Choosing the Frame Material
The most common materials used today for manufacturing window frames are aluminum, vinyl, wood and fiberglass, each material having its own pros and cons:
Choosing the Pane Type
- aluminum is a cheap solution, but it lacks the superior insulation features of the other materials.
- wood frames are attractive and very efficient, but they require regular maintenance and they are expensive as well.
- fiberglass frames come in the same price range as wood frames, but they are more durable.
- vinyl windows are durable, affordable and efficient solutions, suitable for any climate and resistant to harsh weather conditions.
Single-pane windows have been replaced by multiple-pane windows pretty much everywhere, so when choosing the type of your new panes, you can choose double-pane or triple-pane windows, ask one of the favorite Lansing window replacement companies
to help make the right choice. Double glazing is the standard and perfectly suitable for most parts of the country, but if you live in an area where you need extra thermal insulation, triple-pane windows make a better, though more expensive choice.