Hankins Homescapes is Greater Lansing Michigans #1 Residential Roof Replacement company. We replace more roofs on beautiful homes throughout the state of Michigan than anyone else. What this means to you as a consumer is that you are working with a strong company with a solid long term history of installing new high quality roofs at a fair price. Some of our customers have had us replace their roofs several times due to moving, hail damage, storms or wind. Read some of our testimonials from our customers and you’ll see why Hankins Homescapes is the #1 Preferred Roofing Contractor in Michigan.
As you begin your research for a roofing contractor, there are several important factors to keep in mind. We want you to be properly prepared and educated before you start. We know that the more you know, the more likely you are to choose Hankins Homescapes for your roofing project. Read our About Us for more background on Hankins Homescapes.
How to Select a Roofing Contractor for Your Protection:Check Reputation – Stability – Workmanship
“Over 1.1 Million Complaints and Lawsuits Were Filed Against Contractors Last Year Alone…Up 62%.” The Wall Street Journal
When you choose a contractor to replace your roof – follow these guidelines to ensure you’ve picked a contractor who will do the job properly:
1. General Liability Insurance Certificate – Not “Self-Insured”: You need to know if your contractor carries general liability insurance for both commercial and residential projects. A sizable contractor will carry no less than $500,000…. and usually around $1,000,000 of coverage. Over three-fourths of roofing companies do not carry proper insurance coverage to protect you against losses.
2. Arbitration Statement In Contract: Ask to see the arbitration statement in your contract. If complaints arise, the roofer agrees to settle disputes through binding arbitration. Without this agreement, you have no recourse.
3. Current References: All reputable roofers carry pre-printed lists of references…that includes customers from 1 to 5 years ago, as well as customers from the previous month. Also, ask for suppliers, business references, etc.
4. Association Certificates of Good Standing: Belonging to trade associations implies some quality and ethical integrity on the part of the contractor. Associations like the National Roofing Contractor Association as well as the Better Business Bureau are often referenced.
5. Use Only Major Roofing Manufacturer’s Certified and Authorized companies, like Hankins Homescapes, to install your roof system.
6. Quality Inspection Checklist and Walk through – Ask to review their Quality Inspection Checklist.
We hope this list will give you the knowledge you need to find the best contractor for your roofing project. Read our resume and our customer testimonials to find out more about what sets Hankins Homescapes apart from the other contracting companies in Michigan.