How Home Exterior Maintenance Can Help with Resale Value
- Tuesday, 22 October 2019 13:38
A home’s resale value is influenced by its exterior and interior condition as well. However, many owners planning to put their home on the market consider interior renovations more important, even though the exterior is just as important – after all, the landscape around the building and the home’s envelope, including the walls, the windows and the roof is the first thing that your potential buyers will see, so projecting a positive image is essential for successful selling. Here what you should do to make your home more attractive for buyers:
- Add a fresh coat of paint – the right color combination can work wonders on any building, so pick an attractive hue for the walls and another one for the trim, too. Make sure that the paint is refreshed on the entry door as well as on the windows and have professional Lansing window replacement technicians out if needed;
- Refresh the landscape – remove any weed, clean the lawn and prune the trees and the shrubs as well. Check the driveway and repair the surface if it presents cracks and holes;
- Maintain the roof and the gutters – clean and inspect the roof and the gutters to find any faults, then remedy whatever issue you have found;
- Check and repair the fencing – any fence can benefit from some cleaning, maintenance and a fresh coat of paint. The process will improve the curb appeal of your property instantly.