Modern Siding Trends
- Monday, 29 June 2020 13:47
A popular trend for your siding is that of using the same type of cladding both inside and outside of your home. This gives a feeling of continuity and is very appealing to the eye.
Creative and unique textures and shapes are another present-day tendency for your siding. This helps create a continuous flow for your sidings, generating several areas of interest for your home’s structure.
Concrete sidings can be contrasted with wood accents, in order to create an elegant industrial look. The idea is to add more charm and appeal to your home, not to make it look like an industrial building, though.
If the cement fiber you are using for your siding is thicker, this can give contractors the chance to experiment a bit and create genuinely unique appearance for your home.
Using color contrasts is another trendy aspect that may involve the type of siding you decide on. This implies using darker with lighter shades and hues. A good example is that of dark grey with white corners or trims.
Blue or gray with bold accents are on top of the game. The year 2020 has brought about the tendency to mix several different styles on just one surface of a building. Take a look at some of your siding options at http://hankinshomescapes.com/hankins-homescapes-siding-products
5 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Siding
- Monday, 22 June 2020 14:52
The outside of your home is as important as the inside. In many cases, it is the exterior of a roof that indicates potential problems which clearly need immediate attention.
Replacing your siding may be one such issue. In case your siding shows signs of deterioration, the problem needs to be addressed immediately, in order to prevent many unwanted outcomes that lead to further damage in your home. Here are 5 of the signs indicating the need to replace your siding:
- Peeling paint can indicate water damage at the other side of your home, in the proximity of your siding. A siding that is affected by moisture can be dangerous for the longevity of your building.
- Cracks may also announce the need for special attention for your siding.
- Mold may be quite unpleasant. It is generally caused by the presence of moisture in this area.
- Warping is another phenomenon that occurs when moisture affects your siding and it clearly indicates that this part of your roof needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
- If your energy bills have increased unexpectedly, this may be caused by drafty siding and a need for Lansing siding contractor installation.
And in general, an old-looking siding indicates the need for replacement.
Pros and Cons of Skylights
- Tuesday, 16 June 2020 13:25
Although they may sound as a modern addition to your home, skylights have been used for hundreds of years, ever since ancient Roman times. But before engaging on a complex and big renovation project such as including skylights in your roof, there are certain details to consider.
First of all, skylights increase the amount of natural light. Because of that, they are usually installed in often dark areas such as bathrooms. With the help of skylights, you no longer have to turn on the light in such places.
An extended space can also benefit from the use of skylights. They help create the sensation of more space in a house. But apart from letting more sunshine in, skylights also let more heat in. At the same time, they can help with ventilation during hot summer days.
Nonetheless, there are also downsides to using this special design feature for your home. Thus, skylights may be expensive to install and to maintain.
Skylights are prone to energy leaks, especially if they were not properly installed and insulated. However, you can solve such issues with the help of Lansing window replacement professionals
Moisture leaks are another reason why skylights may not be the best idea for your home.
Creative (But Not Necessarily Recommended) Roofing Materials
- Tuesday, 09 June 2020 11:54
One of the most important things to consider when building a new home or commercial building is your choice of roofing materials. Although shingles may be the typical decision for your roof, there is a wide variety of ideas, which may often surprise you.
For instance, green roofs can be a great option, making your house look unique, while also helping preserve the environment.
Thatched roofs are another interesting idea, which may give the feeling of an English cottage. However, you need to get informed about the local area legislation and guidelines.
Aluminum cans are another unusual idea for your roof. These cans must be crushed, in order to have round edges, and the whole workmanship requires a lot of patience and meticulousness.
At the same time, you can opt for roofing materials made from recycled car tires. This can make an interesting choice, which also serves preserving the environment.
Sweet slate may seem like an expensive choice for your roof, but they can pay off in the long run, especially if you intend to re-sell it in the future.
For those who are keen on recycling, old and scratched vinyl records can be an amazing idea. The effect certainly is worth the effort, see http://hankinshomescapes.com/
Key Decisions When Choosing Your Exterior Remodel
- Thursday, 14 May 2020 12:22
Exterior home remodeling is an exciting process and also one that requires the building owner to carry out lots of research and to make lots of decisions. Here are some of the most things that you should make up your mind about:
- The project phases – you need to figure out exactly what needs to be done on your building exterior. Siding replacement, wall painting, door and window replacements are the most common tasks involved, but you might also need roof and gutter repair or replacement;
- The design – one of the principal scopes of exterior remodeling projects is to refresh the appearance of the building. To achieve the desired look, you will need to figure out the color palette to be used on your walls, the materials you want to use for enhancing your home’s curb appeal and the application methods used with the new materials;
- Contractor or DIY – you will also have to decide whether you can and want to handle the remodeling on your own or you need contractors for the job. If you prefer to get the work done by professional Lansing siding companies, you will need to research local contractors to find a reputable entrepreneur who also has the right type of experience.